FOOTIE FRIENDS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOOTIE FRIENDS

A place where fellow Footie's can go to speak freely and give each other moral support!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

7 Weeks! Update...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Snowrunner

7 Weeks!  Update... Empty
PostSubject: 7 Weeks! Update...   7 Weeks!  Update... EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 4:02 am

I posted an update on healthboards because another friend (Hollywood48) asked me to. I wasn't sure if I should copy it here...

Salient points:

Doc says okay to slow down on weight bearing. It's not essential to my healing and is causing me too much pain. And, as he said "[I'm] not being paid to be in pain." (Think NFL).

PT delayed for a bit until pain lessens.

I'm to flex my ankle side to side now in addition to gas pedal moves.

He did say that it is okay to take the one (or occasionally 2) Percocet I've been taking at night and he refilled the Ambien prescription to help with sleep.

I tried to back off of the weight bearing today but it's really hard. It doesn't hurt in the moment... And teaching 5 year olds is an active gig. Plus I have a new student (started yesterday) and he's really needy and sometimes it's just plain easier to walk. But then I get home and once I start to slow my day down the pain kicks in. I'll try to remember tomorrow... Stay off of the foot.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 7 Weeks! Update...   7 Weeks!  Update... EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 5:48 am

Yea definitely slow down if it is causing significant pain. Don't want to make it worse. I used to have serious issues sleeping even before surgery. Seems to have gone away now. I sleep pretty well aside from my foot pain waking me up.
Back to top Go down
https://footiefriends.forumotion.com
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: 7 Weeks! Update...   7 Weeks!  Update... EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 2:24 am

I have a similar problem. As long as I keep going I'm okay, but once I stop and sit for a moment it's so hard to make my brain adjust to the pain again. I found this fact kind of interesting a while ago...I had knee issues for quite some time along with the PTTD. The ankle hurt so badly all the time (before I got the Arizona brace that I wore for 2 years). When I found out I had to have my knee replaced before the ankle could be addressed surgically, (the knee was seriously bowed inward), all of a sudden I realized that the knee was giving me serious pain. Apparently, your brain will focus on the worst of it and kind of relegates the other issues to the background. Like developing multiple "pain personalities" I guess. I don't think hardly anybody gets how much all of this crap really hurts. Sigh...okay, done being whiny for the day.
Ginger

Hey, why doesn't Hollywood come on over to this board too?
Back to top Go down
Snowrunner

PostSubject: Re: 7 Weeks! Update...   7 Weeks!  Update... EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 2:44 am

That's a great idea... Kimberly can we invite her?

And I'm okay with whiney. Yesterday was a good day and today hurt. My foot was red at the end of the day too. I mostly used two crutches so I don't know why. I didn't even take anything stronger than Advil last night. Hoping the same tonight but I definitely hurt more today.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 7 Weeks! Update...   7 Weeks!  Update... EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 5:05 am

I tried inviting hollywood but she doesn't receive private messages. If for some reason you can private message her feel free to invite her. You are all free to invite any other footies to come join. The more the merrier.
Back to top Go down
https://footiefriends.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 7 Weeks! Update...   7 Weeks!  Update... Empty

Back to top Go down

7 Weeks! Update...
Page 1 of 1