FOOTIE FRIENDS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOOTIE FRIENDS

A place where fellow Footie's can go to speak freely and give each other moral support!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

6 Days Until Surgery!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

6 Days Until Surgery! Empty
PostSubject: 6 Days Until Surgery!   6 Days Until Surgery! EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 5:33 am

Well, one week from today I will be sitting in a hospital room recovering from my surgery. I am getting pretty nervous. I've been trying to keep myself occupied with friends and family. Also been avoiding anyone that has been sick as I don't want to catch something and have to reschedule. I've been eating airborne chewables to help boost my immune system. Not sure if they work but might as well try.

Yesterday I was on my way to get my toenails done and the surgeons office called. I answered and it turns out that the surgeons who are both doing my surgery wanted to see me. The surgeon assisting hadn't seen my foot since the fusion was broken and they wanted him to see it to be sure nothing else needed to be done and that they agreed with the procedure. They both agreed on it and surgery continues to be scheduled as planned.

So, I've been getting ready to be laid up for a while. I had my toes done yesterday and dyed my hair tonight. My boyfriend jimmy rigged some ice tips for my crutches. I had an extra set of tips so he drilled a couple of holes in them and put screws in them. I will be able to use those when I go out in bad weather and take them off and switch to the others.

Was talking to a friend from high school on facebook tonight and found out that she is have surgery on her back the day after my surgery and that we will be in the hospital at the same time. Probably both on the same floor as they have an orthopedic floor. I don't believe that hospital has two to a room at all so I highly doubt we are roommates.

Well, I've rambled enough! Take care everyone!
~Kimberly alien
Back to top Go down
https://footiefriends.forumotion.com
Snowrunner

PostSubject: Re: 6 Days Until Surgery!   6 Days Until Surgery! EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 3:49 am

Wow to the friend on the same floor... Maybe you can visit - have a nurse wheel you over if you are up to it...

I saw someone with retractable snow tips today. If we got more snow, I'd rig a pair. We've had snow on the ground since Christmas but the paths are mostly cleared. It's supposed to snow a bit tomorrow...

I have been thinking of you. It really will be okay... I worried about getting sick too. I too 30 mg of zinc and 2000 mg of vitamin C the week before my surgery because I started to get sick. And I had a fever and the stamach flu the night before... The day of I had a temp of 99.7 and actually took a tylenol 7 hours before surgery then when it wouldn't go down I took a shower and didn't dry my hair. And I didn't wear my jacket into the hospital. Sheesh. I felt so guilty when my nurse said I was such a sweet and good patient. Yikes.

(Disclaimer... I know it wasn't smart to take the tylenol. But I'd done 32 pages of sub plans and was psyched up for surgery. Plus I researched the half life of tylenol and only took regular strength. It is NOT something I should do again nor do I recommend it. Even though it worked and I was fine. Smile )
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 6 Days Until Surgery!   6 Days Until Surgery! EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 5:56 am

I never thought about having them wheel me down there. I was thinking "damn, I surely won't be up to crutching down the hall" haha
Back to top Go down
https://footiefriends.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6 Days Until Surgery!   6 Days Until Surgery! Empty

Back to top Go down

6 Days Until Surgery!
Page 1 of 1