FOOTIE FRIENDS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOOTIE FRIENDS

A place where fellow Footie's can go to speak freely and give each other moral support!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Treadmill - yayyyyyy!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
angelee43

angelee43

Treadmill - yayyyyyy!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Treadmill - yayyyyyy!!!!   Treadmill - yayyyyyy!!!! EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 11:16 am

Ok, so even though I 'snuck' onto the treadmill, the physio was onto me and asked how the treadmill was going and what length of time I had been doing.!!!
He was fine with it!! So, 15.5 wks after surgery (almost 4 mths), it's great to get the physio's clearance to walk as fast as I want on the treadmill (with the ankle brace, of course) and he said that I could even do short jogs if I wanted. Not up to jogging yet - but more than happy to walk, walk, walk!!!
Can you tell I am happy about it???
So, hang in there - it does get better flower
Back to top Go down
zerk

PostSubject: Re: Treadmill - yayyyyyy!!!!   Treadmill - yayyyyyy!!!! EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 1:42 pm

I was doing 2 miles on a slight incline at PT. Just a fast walk. Never considered jogging.
Back to top Go down
Snowrunner

PostSubject: Re: Treadmill - yayyyyyy!!!!   Treadmill - yayyyyyy!!!! EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 7:35 pm

That is awesome news! I am so happy you are there and cannot wait to get there. I love the happy posts because it makes me feel like there is an end... Or at least a positive outcome waiting for me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Treadmill - yayyyyyy!!!!   Treadmill - yayyyyyy!!!! EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 9:26 pm

Great news! I look forward to doing some walking!
Back to top Go down
https://footiefriends.forumotion.com
zerk

PostSubject: Re: Treadmill - yayyyyyy!!!!   Treadmill - yayyyyyy!!!! EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 5:45 pm

I think it easier to walk on earth then concrete. but you may have issues with uneven ground.
Back to top Go down
angelee43

angelee43

PostSubject: Re: Treadmill - yayyyyyy!!!!   Treadmill - yayyyyyy!!!! EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 12:42 am

That's great Zerk. cheers
I just did 30mins at gym and increased the incline progressively as well as the speed and then back down again. Felt good - as I have twisted my left knee and the calf muscle is really tight and sore (this is the good leg - lol!!!!) - did lots of stretching afterwards after doing some weight machines.
Not sure about uneven ground - I still have to wear my brace at the gym and long walks on uneven ground for another 2.5mths (I think - need to clarify at next apt).

Thanks snowrunner - I read what everyone else has been through and is going through and I am really grateful. And, yes!!! There is a positive outcome eventually for everyone. Very Happy

Kimberly - you must be so frustrated having to go through it all again. I am guessing you won't be letting a student anywhere near your foot this time (and I wouldn't blame you). Hope your recovery is going well afro
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Treadmill - yayyyyyy!!!!   Treadmill - yayyyyyy!!!! EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 1:15 am

You got that right. I wouldn't even let a student nurse start a new IV at the hospital hahaha
Back to top Go down
https://footiefriends.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Treadmill - yayyyyyy!!!!   Treadmill - yayyyyyy!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Treadmill - yayyyyyy!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FOOTIE FRIENDS :: Random Ramblings!-
Jump to: