FOOTIE FRIENDS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOOTIE FRIENDS

A place where fellow Footie's can go to speak freely and give each other moral support!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So discouraged.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Snowrunner

So discouraged.  Empty
PostSubject: So discouraged.    So discouraged.  EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 5:16 am

So compared to many of you I had a very minor procedure.

: thorough debridement of peroneus brevis split 1 1/2 inches
: transfer of p. longus with imbrication into p. brevis for augmentation purposes

I was allowed to go PWB as able at 2 weeks and have been told I can FWB as of 6 weeks. (Before really). But I can't. I'm on the knee scooter at school (kindergarten teacher). Crutches at home. If I push it, and PWB more than usual, or try to FWB I hurt... Quite a lot.

I'm scared it's not healing right. I'm so discouraged right now. Last time I had the Brostrom procedure, joint debridement, a suture of a 1 inch tear and I was walking by now with less pain.

Just feeling blue tonight.
Back to top Go down
Ginger

So discouraged.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: So discouraged.    So discouraged.  EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 12:57 pm

Honey, don't get so down. It was the same way for me. Just keep doing what you can and try to push it a little longer each day. All of a sudden it just gets better. I was definitely behind the timetable they set for me. Have you spoken with your doctor?
Back to top Go down
angelee43

angelee43

So discouraged.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: So discouraged.    So discouraged.  EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 1:25 pm

Everyone is different and every procedure is different. My physio said he gets a lot of people around week 9 saying that they can start to feel an improvement. Hang in there, it will get better, just persevere and don't give up Smile
Back to top Go down
Snowrunner

So discouraged.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: So discouraged.    So discouraged.  EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 3:09 am

Thanks. I pushed it today and iced a bunch. I'm swollen and hurting a bit but am ok. I mostly went around with one crutch but did some FWB while working on setting up a bigger tank for our African Clawed frog, Pretty. Lol. It was after that my boot suddenly felt tight. I just took it off and it's all flushed and swollen.

I did go shopping for a cane today. I have a script and my insurance should pay. I picked a pretty one with little flowers that match my coat. I like the ease of using it versus one crutch. I'll pick it up after my insurance approves (or denies I guess...) it.

Oh. And my knee scooter is due on Feb 12! Woof!

I'm in a better place for having gotten some grumping out. Plus your straight words - here and at HB helped. Thanks again. This is a hard process...
Back to top Go down
angelee43

angelee43

So discouraged.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: So discouraged.    So discouraged.  EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 7:03 am

It's a damn hard process!!
And it takes persistence, patience and some 'grumpiness' every now and then - lol!!
I got too confident at week 9 - I had been FWB for about 4wks in runners and ankle brace - and decided I could cook for 12 hrs straight. HA! Couldn't walk at all that night without a crutch or two and for half of the next day, Oh well! At least I worked out my boundaries.
You would think that having to loosen the ankle brace several times would have been a sign - it wasn't until I stopped and elevated and iced it for a little bit that I discovered I couldn't stand up again when I tried - felt like I had just come out of plaster again.
All my physio said (after making sure I didn't have any sharp pains) was "Oh well - you won't do that again too soon. I will make sure I really enjoy the shortbreads as I know how much pain went into making them." (I gave him some for Christmas).
I am my own worst enemy sometimes!!
Back to top Go down
Snowrunner

So discouraged.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: So discouraged.    So discouraged.  EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 1:31 pm

Ha! That sounds like it was painful!! I was pushing it a bit yesterday and my husband, Joe, said, 'Didn't you just overdo it a couple days ago?' I'm. Yeah? I just want to move! Sheesh. I am laying here assessing things this morning and for the moment... I feel ok. That tells me that I didn't overdo it yesterday... That ache was okay. I hope it stays that way!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

So discouraged.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: So discouraged.    So discouraged.  EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 12:32 am

You definitely need to stop when your body tells you to. It will set you back if you push it too hard. Hang in there! You're going to be okay!
~Kimberly
Back to top Go down
https://footiefriends.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

So discouraged.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: So discouraged.    So discouraged.  Empty

Back to top Go down

So discouraged.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FOOTIE FRIENDS :: Random Ramblings!-
Jump to: