FOOTIE FRIENDS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOOTIE FRIENDS

A place where fellow Footie's can go to speak freely and give each other moral support!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blech! Not again!

Go down 
+2
erinu4
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Blech! Not again! Empty
PostSubject: Blech! Not again!   Blech! Not again! EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 7:54 am

[img]Blech! Not again! Photo11[/img]

4 more days left to be weight bearing! UGH! I get sick to my stomach every time I think about going through this again. I've become a paranoid germaphobe the past week. I am afraid to leave my house that I will catch some of the crud that is going around. It is an epidemic in my area. I have taken almost an entire bottle of Airborne chewables the past few days. There are so many things I want to run around and do but I am paranoid I will catch something and have to put my surgery off. I worry that if I put it off any longer I will just say screw it and not have it done.

I really am enjoying walking at this point and am not ready to give that up. Feels good to do my own laundry! So be it I guess! It is not like me to wig out like this. I know I am in good hands. Guess its time to just suck it up! lol Hope you all have a good weekend!
~Kimberly
Sorry to whiney! elephant
Back to top Go down
https://footiefriends.forumotion.com
erinu4

erinu4

Blech! Not again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blech! Not again!   Blech! Not again! EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 4:48 pm

Well at least your getting it done during the winter instead of the summer! But I cannot believe its 6 days away now. You are in very good hands and we are for support you will do just fine Smile.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Blech! Not again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blech! Not again!   Blech! Not again! EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 5:28 pm

Just four days left....I can't thank you all enough for the support. Finding all of you has been the best thing to happen to me since sliced bread. People who don't have the issues with their feet just don't understand what it is like to go through what we are. I honestly think my boyfriend thinks it is all in my head. Guess my obvious limping isn't enough haha I feel so bad being laid up because he is working hard all night at work and comes home and has to help with stuff around the house. I hate that he has to help me with my laundry and everything else when I am laid up. I can't go down to the basement to do my laundry. I know he does it because he loves me but at the same time he has a way of making me feel guilty about it. He is always non stop go go go. I am going to try to continue doing dishes on my own. I hate it when he comes straight in from work and starts on housework and dishes. He needs to sit down and take a break too. Sorry of my ranting again....just so much going through my mind.
~Kimberly
cherry
Back to top Go down
Mr Blotto

Blech! Not again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blech! Not again!   Blech! Not again! EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 9:24 pm

Hey - rant away!!!! This is your board anyway Very Happy

It is hard to depend on others for so many things, but you would most likely do the same for your BF if the situation was reversed. Right??
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Blech! Not again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blech! Not again!   Blech! Not again! EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 9:51 pm

Most certainly would do the same thing for him. I just prefer being independent. He was a sweetheart today and bought me a new bedding set for the twin bed we are putting downstairs for me to use the first few weeks. Our bedroom is upstairs as is our shower. It's quite the workout just going up to shower. Think I counted 16 stairs. Ugh! So not looking forward to scootin up the stairs like a dog with worms again. Lol
Back to top Go down
Ginger

Blech! Not again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blech! Not again!   Blech! Not again! EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 12:50 am

It's just like Blotto said Kimberly. You would do it for him. I had to strip almost all the way down today and get into the shower with my mom to scrub her down...on my knees, no less, cuz I can't stand up in there yet. You do what you do for the ones you love. It isn't always pretty but it is always worth it. 4 more days...
Rachel
Back to top Go down
Snowrunner

Blech! Not again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blech! Not again!   Blech! Not again! EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 3:00 am

I think the second time is harder in the anticipation department... You know what's coming and what it's going to be like and that's hard. The actual doing is easier. You already know how to take a shower... Go pee... Use crutches... Get your clothes on. In a lot of ways, this will be easier. The waiting was soused but once it was done and I was moving around , I was like, 'Oh yeah. I've got this.'

For me the hard part now is I expect this healing to be like the first time and it's not. I was throwing out the crutches at the end of week 8 last time and I'm going into week 8 and still hurting and using my scooter at work and going from NWB to PWB and back all day long. I'm no where near ditching the crutches so that's a bit disappointing.

This will be ok and we will be here!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Blech! Not again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blech! Not again!   Blech! Not again! EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 6:11 am

Thank you so much you guys! Today was rough for me. I had myself a nice cry. I really don't want to go through it again. Part of me thinks it would just go away and be easier if I didn't do it and got myself a job. I know that is not the right choice and I am not going to back out don't worry. That is just what runs through my head. You hit the nail on the head Patti! It will be easier this time. I just need to remind myself of those things. Thanks for being there! I appreciate it so much!

Love you all!
~Kimberly
geek
Back to top Go down
angelee43

angelee43

Blech! Not again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blech! Not again!   Blech! Not again! EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 6:21 am

I have only been through it once and I worked up until the day before - so finished work about 15hrs before my surgery. The nerves etc only really hit me the day before (as I had never had surgery before) when work was giving me a really hard time over a few things and reality dawned that my ankle was not going to get better without the surgery.
I can only imagine how the waiting and the anticipation must feel like for you Kimberly!!
I had a mini break down about 10 days after surgery.
I know I don't know any of you, but I agree that nobody knows how you feel except for those who have been through it - I am sure my friends and family are 'over' my little achievements I get excited about.
I will be thinking of you this week - I truly hope it goes well for you and you never need to go back again I love you
Julie
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Blech! Not again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blech! Not again!   Blech! Not again! EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 7:59 am

Thanks Julie! I cannot thank you all enough for your continued support. It means a lot to me!
~Kimberly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blech! Not again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blech! Not again!   Blech! Not again! Empty

Back to top Go down

Blech! Not again!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FOOTIE FRIENDS :: Random Ramblings!-
Jump to: