FOOTIE FRIENDS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOOTIE FRIENDS

A place where fellow Footie's can go to speak freely and give each other moral support!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cleared to do whatever

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AdkLizard46

AdkLizard46

Cleared to do whatever Empty
PostSubject: Cleared to do whatever   Cleared to do whatever EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 11:01 pm

Just wanted to share a happy moment, since I know you guys will be legitimately excited unlike my parents and friends here.

Had a doctor's appointment today. I'm 20 weeks post op, been out of the boot and in shoes for 6 weeks, and in Physical Therapy for 5 weeks.

Basically he palpated my ankle, had me move it around, and there was no pain. He then told me that I could (and should) start riding my bike around the neighborhood and if I wanted to, start swimming. The swimming I probably won't do, I'm not a great swimmer to begin with, but I'm excited to try biking again. he told me that as long as I could tolerate it, I can do whatever walking, etc I want to do. Which makes me so happy becuase that means I'm one step closer (hahaha, pun intended) to getting back to the mountains. My goal is do to the final leg of a charity hike for my camp on Memorial Day. 1.2 miles one way, cake. But it is a mountain.

I'm getting frustated though because my mind feels like I should be walking normal, and even with strong verbal cues I'm still limping. My ankle just can't bend the right way at the moment. I realize I'm being impatient, but it's hard. I don't want to hit a plateau or anything. just trying to stay strong with my therapy (I'm not great about doing the home stuff a lot of the time).

And I thought I'd leave you guys with a picture from one of my favorite mountains with one of my favorite quotes...so you all know what I love...(The picture is from July 2011)[img]Cleared to do whatever 100_0710[/img]
Back to top Go down
Snowrunner

PostSubject: Re: Cleared to do whatever   Cleared to do whatever EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 2:24 am

That is marvelous news! I am soooooo happy for you!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cleared to do whatever   Cleared to do whatever EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 5:12 am

That is a great picture! Don't get discouraged Liz. It's going to take some time. You're going to improve leaps and bounds before your hike in May. I know you're going to be there doing it. That's a great goal to set for yourself.
Back to top Go down
https://footiefriends.forumotion.com
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: Cleared to do whatever   Cleared to do whatever EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 1:57 am

It's a gorgeous pic and such a meaningful quote. I think all of us here are in varying stages of our climb. This surgery and recovery has been such a life lesson for me. Mostly it stinks, but I think the best part is all the friends I've made (you all) and realizing how much giving and receiving support can contribute to recovery. Haha! We are our own "12 step" group. That'd be funny...make a list of all the "steps". Maybe they'd post it as a sticky note "over there".
Much love to you, Liz. You've come a long, long way from your "fall down and go boom" . I laughed out loud when I read where you wrote that the other day. Look out world! Here she comes!
xoxoxoxoxox
Rachel

P.S. Poor Peyton Manning. The mountain was not kind to him today.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cleared to do whatever   Cleared to do whatever EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 4:40 am

Larry (my boyfriend) said that he must have had altitude sickness! haha
Back to top Go down
https://footiefriends.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cleared to do whatever   Cleared to do whatever Empty

Back to top Go down

Cleared to do whatever
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FOOTIE FRIENDS :: Random Ramblings!-
Jump to: