FOOTIE FRIENDS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOOTIE FRIENDS

A place where fellow Footie's can go to speak freely and give each other moral support!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Getting Nervous!

Go down 
+2
Snowrunner
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Getting Nervous! Empty
PostSubject: Getting Nervous!   Getting Nervous! EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 1:35 am

[img]Getting Nervous! Photo10[/img]

Well the countdown is on and I am getting super nervous. affraid I'm working on making sure everything is ready to go here at the house before my surgery. I want to have every ready. What did you guys do to help ease your nerves?

~Kimberly
Back to top Go down
https://footiefriends.forumotion.com
Snowrunner

Getting Nervous! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Nervous!   Getting Nervous! EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 1:50 am

I started 'nesting'... prepping my space and shopping for anything I was missing. I had work and my son's birthday to help distract me... It will be okay!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Getting Nervous! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Nervous!   Getting Nervous! EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 2:53 am

Last time I had a job that was keeping me occupied. This time its another story. Ugh! lol
Back to top Go down
Snowrunner

Getting Nervous! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Nervous!   Getting Nervous! EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 3:08 am

Hmm. How about Netflix movies?

And was that you I friended on FB? Just making sure!
Back to top Go down
Snowrunner

Getting Nervous! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Nervous!   Getting Nervous! EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 3:15 am

Ok! Just checked. Yup! It's you! Smile
Back to top Go down
AdkLizard46

AdkLizard46

Getting Nervous! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Nervous!   Getting Nervous! EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 4:23 am

To prepare for surgery I hiked the day before on a beautiful sunny day on an easy little hike of about 4 miles, came home, did some paperwork, and hung out with friends........then I fell down and went boom the next day and had little time to do anything else.

But seriously, I was almost a month between surgery and the injury. We had no clue what we were doing (my family and I). I had people bring me books, and movies. I found the website watchseries.eu which has links to just about every episode of TV ever made it seems like (the site is down until the 15th) and picked out shows to watch start to finish. Another great site is movie2k.to. Ask me for details on how to find the shows (meaning you shouldn't have to download anything. downloading stuff makes it sketchy).

you've been through this before, so you know what to expect going in, which is a blessing and a curse.

and then there is always the helper monkey application to fill out monkey

liz

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Getting Nervous! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Nervous!   Getting Nervous! EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 5:15 am

You crack me up Liz!
Back to top Go down
Ginger

Getting Nervous! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Nervous!   Getting Nervous! EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 11:58 am

Where is this helper monkey application and why did I not get one??

Kimberly, it's gonna be here before you know it. Do you know how long you will be NWB this time? I would go out to eat at all the places I love but can't get to while laid up. Lean Cuisines get so old...

And I love your countdown clock!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Getting Nervous! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Nervous!   Getting Nervous! EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 4:25 pm

I will be NWB for around 12 weeks. He doesn't give me an exact NWB time frame. He does x-rays every two weeks to check the progress on the fusion. I say 12 weeks because that is what it was last time. I would love to be able to go out and eat everywhere I want but living on unemployment doesn't allow for that. I am however going to get my toe nails done today with my cousin. I can't afford the whole pedicure but I am going to get them painted. I did that last time before surgery and that polish stayed on for quite some time. I have a funny polish idea in mind that I will share a picture afterwards. HAHA
~Kimberly
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Getting Nervous! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Nervous!   Getting Nervous! EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 11:28 pm

Well I was going to be a smart alec and get a camel painted on my big toe. Get it, CAMEL TOE haha. Stupid but I thought it was funny. Unfortunately they said they couldn't paint that for me. They told me I would have to go to a tattoo parlor for that. Crazy dudes!
Back to top Go down
Mr Blotto

Getting Nervous! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Nervous!   Getting Nervous! EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 4:42 pm

Admin wrote:
Well I was going to be a smart alec and get a camel painted on my big toe. Get it, CAMEL TOE haha. Stupid but I thought it was funny. Unfortunately they said they couldn't paint that for me. They told me I would have to go to a tattoo parlor for that. Crazy dudes!

Thanks for making me spit my coffee all over my desk! That was funny as hell (camel toe).
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Getting Nervous! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Nervous!   Getting Nervous! EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 5:06 pm

HAHA I thought that would be something funny for the surgeons going into my surgery. I still am considering trying to put it on myself. I've been contemplating that for quite some time so I was pretty disappointed to find out they wouldn't do that. I have a bit of a warped sense of humor lol
Back to top Go down
angelee43

angelee43

Getting Nervous! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Nervous!   Getting Nervous! EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 11:13 am

ha ha ha!!! Love it Kimberly!!!
Maybe you could get one of those stick on decals or tattoos to put on your toe??
I have a warped sense of humour too - I make shortbreads for Christmas every year and like to do something different with either the shapes or the packaging.
This year I made 'feet' shortbreads - found a cutter on ebay. Gave some to my surgeon and his staff when I went in last week - they loved them and said nobody had ever made feet shortbreads for them before!!
(got the idea from them anyway, they have a small bowl of feet lollies on the front desk).
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Getting Nervous! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Nervous!   Getting Nervous! EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 4:28 pm

The appointment reminder cards my surgeon hands out are little feet stickers that you can put on your calendar. Always thought those were cute.
Back to top Go down
Snowrunner

Getting Nervous! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Nervous!   Getting Nervous! EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 3:42 am

Hahahaha! Camel. Heh. Trying not to giggle since I'm sitting in my boys room and waiting for the oldest to fall asleep.

Hee. Hee... Smile

You are lucky you can get yours done. I asked before my surgery and they wouldn't let me sinc study wanted to see my toes pink during the procedure. Now I have to wait until I heal. Summer I guess! Smile

Do you have pads for your crutches? I got crutchez (I think that's right) both times and love them. First I got hot pink, then a comic book style. I chose the clearance ones but they work just as well and save my hands...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Getting Nervous! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Nervous!   Getting Nervous! EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 5:42 am

Yep I have some of those. Mine were grey cheetah print or something like that. They weren't really padded though. Just covers. I took them off my crutches a while back and have no idea where I put them. They told me I can have polish as long as they can get a pulse ox reading and they could. I figure if they can't they will take it off themselves. Last time it was fine.

I overdid it tonight. Guess you can say I am nesting. Doing laundry, dishes, sweeping, etc...my ankle is killing me! I just took a tramadol. Hope it settles down soon!
Back to top Go down
Snowrunner

Getting Nervous! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Nervous!   Getting Nervous! EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 1:31 pm

I know the overdoing it bit. I did yesterday too. Ah well gonna try to be mainly nwb today.
Back to top Go down
Ginger

Getting Nervous! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Nervous!   Getting Nervous! EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 1:19 am

I am so jealous of y'all and your pedicures (and the camel idea is genius... You could get a pack of Camel cigarettes and use the package to make a stencil). Anyway, my second toe is so much longer than the others that I'm terribly self conscious about it and will never paint my toenails. My sister says it looks like an alien being.
And on the subject of overdoing it, I am guilty for the third day in a row. My mom is quite ill so I've been taking care of her (my sister is out of commission for a bit). My younger brother flew in to help for a few days but I swear he is just as much work as she is. I was doing things around her house all day. Whenever I got a couple of minutes I'd say "okay, I'm going to sit and ice for a few minutes, do you need anything? Are you sure? Double sure?" Get my shoe and brace off, stretch and rub for a sec, strap on the icepack and..."can you get me (fill in the blank)?" All. Day. Long. Bro understands that we paid to fly him in to HELP. He ran to the store to pick up a couple of things (5 minutes away). Came home 3 hours later. Arrrrgh!
Sorry to bitch (haha! I can say "bitch" on this board without getting suspended, right?), but it felt so good to vent for a moment.
Love y'all,
Ginger (Rachel)
Back to top Go down
Snowrunner

Getting Nervous! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Nervous!   Getting Nervous! EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 2:51 am

Oh hun! Bitch away... Your brother needs a kick in the ass. Why'd be bother to come if he wasn't going to help?! Jeepers.

And Kimberly! How are you doing? It's getting so close...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Getting Nervous! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Nervous!   Getting Nervous! EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 6:02 am

You're free to bitch on here any time you want. I am doing okay. Just had myself a nice little break down. I'm not ready to give up my independence. afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Getting Nervous! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Nervous!   Getting Nervous! Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting Nervous!
Page 1 of 1