FOOTIE FRIENDS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOOTIE FRIENDS

A place where fellow Footie's can go to speak freely and give each other moral support!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

11 Days and counting.......

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

11 Days and counting....... Empty
PostSubject: 11 Days and counting.......   11 Days and counting....... EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 7:46 am

Well today marks 11 days until my revision surgery for my subtalar fusion. I must say Wednesday it became real after going through the pre-op blood work and speaking with anesthesia and nursing. My nerves have set in now and my mind is driving me bonkers. I am trying to prepare myself for the pain I am going to have all over again. I don't know if I am ready for this. Who is to say it will fuse? I know we are taking all of the precautions with adding bone grafts and such but I can't help but wonder "what if?".

I overdid it today. I got out of the house and did a fair amount of walking around stores. Dang is my foot screaming at me! Sharp pains in the outside of my subtalar joint. I know what happens when I do that but I have decided I am going to live and do things until the time of my surgery.

I only have one thing left on my list to find and that is the ice tips for crutches. I think the local Drug Mart store may have them. If not I will purchase them online. Well, it is pushing 3 am and I am finally getting tired. Take it easy everyone!

~Kimberly
geek
Back to top Go down
https://footiefriends.forumotion.com
zerk

PostSubject: Re: 11 Days and counting.......   11 Days and counting....... EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 5:16 pm

Hopefully will be one of those things, you will be happy you did it, and so much better off.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 11 Days and counting.......   11 Days and counting....... EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 6:26 pm

I surely hope so! I really don't want to go through this again.
Back to top Go down
zerk

PostSubject: Re: 11 Days and counting.......   11 Days and counting....... EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 5:41 am

Days before I figured I was going to get the ok to bear weight, I tossed and turned with the idea, should I just get the surgery now, while I am used to being the wheel chair. There was merit to just doing it. There is merit to being ready for the surgery. Some times of year are easier.

I though spring would be good, snow shoveling would be past, and hopefully could enjoy a little of summer. Plus could sit on the patio in my wheel chair. Though getting it done in the winter, will hopefully allow you to enjoy spring and summer. Lots of ways to look at it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 11 Days and counting.......   11 Days and counting....... EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 6:41 am

I contemplated waiting until winter was over but this needs to be taken care of as soon as possible and like you said I don't want to waste my months of nice weather. I had my surgery last year April 20th and was in a cast until July. I really didn't get to enjoy the spring or summer last year. I can remember that the day I went in for surgery it was 60 degrees and the day I was discharged from the hospital it was 30 degrees. That's Ohio weather for ya! I am nervous about getting into the house this time. From the curb I have about a 10 foot section of sidewalk to crutch then 3 steps up into the house. Right now as it stands, there is about two feet of snow piled up next to my sidewalk where my crutches need to go. I might have to go out the day before surgery and do some special shoveling. I know my brother will be able to assist me into the house. He's 6'10" and about 330 lbs of muscle. He will be here as will my boyfriend. I may have to use my knee scooter for those few feet. Last time I had to get a chair to stop at about half way. I was VERY dizzy from the medications. I couldn't even do the stairs for the physical therapy people. Kept almost passing out. Only reason they let me leave was because I had used crutches before. Sorry for the rambling....I am just very nervous about a lot of things! My anxiety set in after my preop appointment last week. I am so not ready to go through all of this again. It needs to be done though. I am tired of my foot controlling my life! Well, I've gone on long enough!
~Kimberly What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 11 Days and counting.......   11 Days and counting....... Empty

Back to top Go down

11 Days and counting.......
Page 1 of 1