FOOTIE FRIENDS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOOTIE FRIENDS

A place where fellow Footie's can go to speak freely and give each other moral support!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Had my first session

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
erinu4

erinu4

Had my first session  Empty
PostSubject: Had my first session    Had my first session  EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 10:24 pm

Of physical therapy!! It wasn't bad at all did pretty good. I did some ankle moves and a lazer thing on my scars and did some steps. Now
I cannot go back until my insurance approves grrr!!! Then I went to the store and did some walking it feels good to get out ands about for a few. I just wanted to tell you all how it went.
Back to top Go down
angelee43

angelee43

PostSubject: Re: Had my first session    Had my first session  EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:05 am

Woo Hoo Erin!!
That's fabulous!! And you even went out to the store. Isn't it amazing when you have been restricted how getting out, not matter for how long, really gives you a 'pick-me-up'?
Shame about having to wait for your insurance.
How does it work in the US? Are you able to pay for some sessions yourself and how expensive are they?
You have to have private health insurance in Australia to get some coverage. Mine covers up to $200 worth - so for 5 sessions I pay $14 instead of $56 - but I have to pay $56 after that (which is still low here) - ita can usually be around $80 per session.
I can get 5 sessions for free under a plan from my doctor with our Medicare system but I did this when I originally injured myself last June.
Back to top Go down
erinu4

erinu4

PostSubject: Re: Had my first session    Had my first session  EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:32 am

It would cost around $200 a session here crazy I know.
Hoping to hear something next about insurance. Yep it felt good to get out and about for a few.
Back to top Go down
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: Had my first session    Had my first session  EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:41 am

Yay Erin! Some of it is real pain, but sometimes it's mind over matter. It's scary at first but it really does get easier. You'll have some down days but the feeling of accomplishment is great, isn't it?
Good luck with the insurance and I'm happy that you had a good PT session!
Ginger
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Had my first session    Had my first session  EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:42 am

That's great news! Keep working at it! Just steer clear of the students! affraid
Back to top Go down
https://footiefriends.forumotion.com
Snowrunner

PostSubject: Re: Had my first session    Had my first session  EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 7:33 pm

That is awesome news! I asked if iI can start now that it's not as painful. My doc said nope as I'm supposed to take it very slow. Sigh...

I called around to ask how much PT is and was quoted $70 per session after the $140 initial. My insurance covers up to 30 visits per plan year but my co-pay is $50. I'm not sure how I'm going to afford $50 per week let alone several times per week. Bah.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Had my first session    Had my first session  EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 9:23 pm

Yea that seems to be pretty accurate as to the cost here too. I was self pay so my PT worked it out for me to only pay $50 for evals and $20 per session. It was still too much for me to afford. I was going once a week and doing the exercises on my own.
Back to top Go down
https://footiefriends.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Had my first session    Had my first session  Empty

Back to top Go down

Had my first session
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FOOTIE FRIENDS :: Random Ramblings!-
Jump to: