FOOTIE FRIENDS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOOTIE FRIENDS

A place where fellow Footie's can go to speak freely and give each other moral support!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Feel like I'm going backwards!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
erinu4

erinu4

Feel like I'm going backwards!! Empty
PostSubject: Feel like I'm going backwards!!   Feel like I'm going backwards!! EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 11:38 am

Man ol man my foot hurts!! My heal and the outside of the heal hurts! I walked in the boot yesterday at home and that made it worse for some reason. It hurts to walk on it! I feel like I'm going backwards in this walking and not forward. I'm still on both crutches I tried with one yesterday but I couldn't do it grrr. I wish I was walking normal this stinks that I'm not!! I'm ready to get out and about by myself!! No one seems to understand why im not walking without crutches i try to tell them but they just font get it! Ok I'm done ranting thanks for listening.
Back to top Go down
erinu4

erinu4

PostSubject: Re: Feel like I'm going backwards!!   Feel like I'm going backwards!! EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 9:56 pm

So I got up and I told myself I'm going to do this so I got up and started to use 1 crutch and guess what I did it!!! It feels so good to finally going forward now I'm hoping next week I won't need to use one!!!
Back to top Go down
angelee43

angelee43

PostSubject: Re: Feel like I'm going backwards!!   Feel like I'm going backwards!! EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Yayyy!!!! Well done Erin!!! Just be prepared that you will still have days where you feel like you go backwards or don't feel like you are progressing - just be patient (says she who is not patient - ha ha)........you will move forwards again in a day or two. alien
Back to top Go down
erinu4

erinu4

PostSubject: Re: Feel like I'm going backwards!!   Feel like I'm going backwards!! EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:42 pm

Thanks for reminding me.
Hope your doing well.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Feel like I'm going backwards!!   Feel like I'm going backwards!! EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 10:06 pm

Keep working at it Erin! It all comes in time. Some people go faster than others. Go at your own pace and don't let what others think you should be doing affect your recovery. You're doing great! Hang in there!
~Kimberly
Back to top Go down
https://footiefriends.forumotion.com
erinu4

erinu4

PostSubject: Re: Feel like I'm going backwards!!   Feel like I'm going backwards!! EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 10:19 pm

Thanks Kimberly.
Back to top Go down
angelee43

angelee43

PostSubject: Re: Feel like I'm going backwards!!   Feel like I'm going backwards!! EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:00 am

So true Kimberly! Everyone goes at their own pace - and as long as you are 'having a go' at what you need to be doing, all good!!! Baby steps!!

Erin, I am doing really well - coming up for 16 weeks since surgery this Saturday - 4mths on 6th Feb. The physio has me practicing on a balance board - I have to admit, I really like the balance board and it's something I really want to 'master' - he he he (insert evil laugh here) Cool He is also working on my other ankle as it's very 'loose' and to avoid surgery down the track, trying to strengthen it.

Only wearing the ankle brace for gym work and long walks on uneven ground. Still wearing runners during the day - but may be able to get into some other shoes as the swelling has gone down significantly - still some there, which apparently can be there for 12 to 18 mths, but way more manageable.

My ankle still tells me off when I really do too much on it for the day - but overall, very happy with my progress. queen

Just found out though, that I am iron deficient anaemic - wondered why I was soooo tired all of the time and had headaches and not able to concentrate (I think I was anaemic before the surgery)..........so, off to a naturopath tomorrow as the doctor just said "go get some iron tablets and take those".......that's not solving the underlying issue as to 'why'........oh well, could be worse!!!
Back to top Go down
zerk

PostSubject: Re: Feel like I'm going backwards!!   Feel like I'm going backwards!! EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 1:45 pm

Pain may be dependent on use the rest of your life. But it does get better. Plus sometimes you just have a bad day.
Back to top Go down
Snowrunner

PostSubject: Re: Feel like I'm going backwards!!   Feel like I'm going backwards!! EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 6:44 pm

I am in the trying to work towards weight- bearing stage... It's hard. One day I'm over the moon at how well I'm doing and then two days later I'm hurting and swelling like crazy. It's so weird but nearly every day involves the knee scooter, two crutches, one crutch, no crutches and now I'm trying out a cane. Well. Not today. Today is a painful day for some reason.

I hope you are doing okay!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Feel like I'm going backwards!!   Feel like I'm going backwards!! EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 9:06 pm

Is it getting any better Erin? I am so ready to just be walking and not dealing with this crap
Back to top Go down
https://footiefriends.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feel like I'm going backwards!!   Feel like I'm going backwards!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Feel like I'm going backwards!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FOOTIE FRIENDS :: Random Ramblings!-
Jump to: