FOOTIE FRIENDS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOOTIE FRIENDS

A place where fellow Footie's can go to speak freely and give each other moral support!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

On the road to recovery!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

On the road to recovery! Empty
PostSubject: On the road to recovery!   On the road to recovery! EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 12:41 am

Well I have been home a couple days now. Things are going okay. Pain has diminished greatly. I am taking one percoset about every 5 hours or so. I take a flexeril when I lay down for bed at night. Helps for my muscles to shut down and stop twitching. My only complaint right now is the cast seems a little tight around my ankle area and hurts the back of my heel. My toes are warm so I know they are still receiving circulation. I have been sleeping a lot. I think the percoset is doing that to me. This wearing pj's all the time has me feeling like quite the bum. Might attempt to put some jeans on tomorrow. I keep dozing off at the computer and wake up with a letter clear across the screen. Well, I need to get up and move about. Take care everyone! I posted a few pictures so feel free to check them out.
Later taters!
~Kimberly
Back to top Go down
https://footiefriends.forumotion.com
Mr Blotto

PostSubject: Re: On the road to recovery!   On the road to recovery! EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 1:01 pm

Good to hear things are coming along - I hope you financial aide covered that extra night in the hospital!!!! I do not even want to think about how much that costs...

So how many weeks are you in the cast? When does your doc think you can start putting weight on it?

I know I am a broken record with this subject, but I can't help myself.......are you eating enough fiber???? I always get concerned about people's ability to poop when all these narcotics are being taken. Since this is not your first rodeo, I assume you are an expert at post surgical life, but I feel it is my duty (or doodie) Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing . Man I am cracking meself up.

Hmmmm, by now on that "other" board, my post most likely would have been edited, I would have gotten a nastygram from the admin, or I might of have been banned by now. If I wasn't such a dumb-ass I would figure out how to throw in an internet link for good measure Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sorry - I guess I am a little goofy this morning....did someone spike my coffee???? - hopefully my attempt at humor helps you out today (not kidding about the fiber thing).

A serious tip - never go off percocet cold turkey - I did and went through withdrawl!

Anyways, happy healing and keep us up to date!
Back to top Go down
angelee43

angelee43

PostSubject: Re: On the road to recovery!   On the road to recovery! EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:42 pm

Kimberly!!
Glad to hear you are doing well!!!
Love Mr Blotto's response - Laughing
Definitely don't come off the percocet suddenly - I did that (called Endone here) - wasn't an awesome feeling - thought I was having a 'melt down'. But, hey, you have done this all before.
LOVE the cast cover - that is awesome!!
Hope you continue to recover as well as you can!! flower

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: On the road to recovery!   On the road to recovery! EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 10:22 pm

HAHA @ Blotto! I am doing good in the poop chute department! I've been regular since the day I was discharged from the hospital. I didn't even need a softener or a stick of dynamite.

I have gotten around so much better this time. I think knowing how to be mobile has helped. I am dreading going out to the doctor on Thursday. It has been about -15 here with the windchill. Our sidewalks are covered in snow right now so I will have to say something to Larry about getting some salt down.

I have issues coming off of the percoset everytime I have taken it. I always get super emotional. I had a break down a few days ago from coming down off the narcotics too fast. It was the day after I came home from the hospital. I went from having the percoset, flexeril and morphine at the hospital to being home and only taking the percoset about half of what I was doing. Think I did reduce it too much too fast. I increased it just a little bit and seem to be okay now.

My pain isn't too bad. The back of my heel has been bothering me around my achilles area. I don't understand why it hurts there as the work wasn't done in that location. I think this has been the best fitting cast I have ever had. It is the first one that doesn't move around on my foot. It stays put and keeps my foot tight in place. They always have me lean too far forward which pushes my calf to be larger around the top and in turn doesn't fit right. I think if they would allow me to just hold my leg out straight like they did for this one they would get a better fit. Typically my casts are so huge I can move my foot all over the place. Some I could almost take the cast off.

Well, I need to think about what to fix for dinner. I am home alone now less than a week post op. Last time I had someone here for two weeks after surgery.

~Kimberly
Back to top Go down
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: On the road to recovery!   On the road to recovery! EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:43 am

Oh Blotto! I have been having such a shitty week (haha), your poo post cracked me up. Thanks for the smile!
Ginger
Back to top Go down
Snowrunner

PostSubject: Re: On the road to recovery!   On the road to recovery! EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 7:29 pm

Lol. I ended up in serious shit two weeks after this surgery. Seriously crying while pooping. I am mostly off Percocet now, thank goodness. On a bad day I'll take one at bedtime...

Kimberly how is your heel now? Did you think about calling just in case it's a sore spot? I think you got your cast split so maybe he took care of it then....
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: On the road to recovery!   On the road to recovery! EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 9:20 pm

I went to the doc yesterday. Turns out where it is bothering me I do have an incision. I didn't realize that. One of the screws went in that spot. My appointment went well yesterday. He bivalved my cast because it gets pretty tight when it swells even the slightest bit. Doesn't really feel much looser though. HAHA Everything seemed okay. I go back next week to get my stitches removed and to get a new cast. Looking forward to being able to itch my leg. HAHA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the road to recovery!   On the road to recovery! Empty

Back to top Go down

On the road to recovery!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FOOTIE FRIENDS :: Random Ramblings!-
Jump to: