FOOTIE FRIENDS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOOTIE FRIENDS

A place where fellow Footie's can go to speak freely and give each other moral support!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Woof! What a day! :)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Snowrunner

Woof!  What a day! :) Empty
PostSubject: Woof! What a day! :)   Woof!  What a day! :) EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 1:53 am

So I took your advice and kicked it up a notch and did a lot more weight bearing yesterday and today. And it was okay. I'm sore today and iced when I got home. I even left the scooter at school and will use crutches mostly. I'll save the scooter for afternoons when I'm toast... Or mornings. We'll see how I feel in the morning! Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Woof! What a day! :)   Woof!  What a day! :) EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 2:07 am

Good for you! Keep up the good work! You're doing great!
Back to top Go down
https://footiefriends.forumotion.com
Snowrunner

PostSubject: Re: Woof! What a day! :)   Woof!  What a day! :) EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 2:46 am

Thanks for the cheerleading! It helps... Now that I'm sitting still it's aching something fierce. Wooooof. But just am ache. Nothing sharp. That's gotta be ok. Plus I took Zerk's advice and took Aleve today and it wore off about 6 and it wasn't hurting and I didn't take anything...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Woof! What a day! :)   Woof!  What a day! :) EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 2:54 am

Well keep up with the Aleve. I think its an every 12 hrs if I am correct. Maybe you should take some now. Don't want to be uncomfortable while you sleep
Back to top Go down
https://footiefriends.forumotion.com
Snowrunner

PostSubject: Re: Woof! What a day! :)   Woof!  What a day! :) EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 3:04 am

I just went down and took some ibuprofen. I know it doesn't last as long but I think it works better for me. I'll take Aleve when the pain is milder... Yowch...
Back to top Go down
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: Woof! What a day! :)   Woof!  What a day! :) EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 12:06 pm

P, what do you do in the middle of the night? I am still in the boot and just can't see waking up enough to use 2 crutches or putting on the boot just to go to the bathroom at 3am. Hopefully new brace for shoe wearing will be in today...it's been delayed 2 weeks...first time too small, second time wrong kind sent...Arrgh!
Back to top Go down
Snowrunner

PostSubject: Re: Woof! What a day! :)   Woof!  What a day! :) EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 7:30 pm

Jeepers Ginger! You must be so frustrated. Sad As for me at night, I can used crutches just fine. In fact, last survey I never used the knee scotter at home. Just a rolling chair in the kitchen and crutches everywhere else. I do have a pair of crocs I keep by my bed and I always sleep with a long sock on my injured foot... I think it just keeps me more aware...
Back to top Go down
zerk

PostSubject: Re: Woof! What a day! :)   Woof!  What a day! :) EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 8:21 pm

Once Started weight bearing I used wheel chair in the morning and at night, mostly. I was off my both my feet for 12 weeks, so I was used to using it. I had over lap between wheelchair, walker, and cane. Walker was easier to use then crutches.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woof! What a day! :)   Woof!  What a day! :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Woof! What a day! :)
Page 1 of 1